Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blessings

I had a great weekend. Friday I had my hair done and then went to Lynnette's to see her home all decorated for Christmas-- Beautiful. Saturday, I went to IHOP for breakfast with Mom, Lynnette and Bridget. Then I cleaned out the garage with Steele and Don. Bridget and I went to a nail place in the shopping center by Harmons and got a pedicure and manicure done. The BEST place we've ever been to. I highly recommend them. Then I took the activity day girls- 8-12 years old to see the Christmas Carol at the Hale Center Theater. I love seeing their production of this play. Every year they do an excellent job and I never tire of it. After the matinee of the play we went to the Monroe's where they had a spaghetti dinner and banana splits for dinner. On Sunday we went to church and Steele was set apart as the secretary in the Deacon's quorum and had many wish me a happy birthday. I went home and took a two hour nap. Don set the table with china and started dinner. Lynnette brought over the fixings for a rice dish and shrimp. We had the Monroe's and Jared and Jason and Sue come over so I made a rice pilaf and more shrimp to make sure we had plenty. We had two cakes. I had lots of phone calls from friends, neighbors and relatives. On Monday the girls at work bought me lunch from Costa Vida. THANKS to all for a great day -- week end. I truly am blessed to have a great family and friends.

2 comments:

Becky's Place said...

Thank you!!

Becca said...

Becky! Happy birthday! I'm sorry I didn't make it over there for your actual birthday, but finals are making my life difficult. Glad to see you had a good weekend!