Friday, July 4, 2008

Tie Skirt





Nicole has been wanting to make a tie skirt but I didn't want to pay $2 for a tie at DI and it would take 30 or more ties to make so I told her no because of the expense. Well, Nicole and I went shopping at DI to buy kitchen supplies for college when I found 6 bags of ties (15 ties in each bag) or $3 each. I bought all the bags so the girls have been sewing like crazy. Bridget finished hers first and she's quite proud of hers. Nicole is almost done. She would have finished but Bridget was using the machine. Great Job girls

5 comments:

Family Life said...

I've never seen a tie skirt before. Is that what young girls wear now?

Amanda said...

That is so cute! I'll have to get the details on that one.

Alice Childs said...

What a fun idea! I've seen quilts made with ties, but never a skirt. Creativity!

Phyllis said...

Cute! You come up with some pretty creative things!

Lisa Webb said...

That is so cute, and a great buy!